After rolling my ankle in football two weeks ago, I can’t bend my ankle up towards my knee very fa

Discussion in 'UK Cheerleading Training' started by Krazedddd, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Krazedddd

Krazedddd New Member

I’m 14, and two weeks ago I rolled my ankle in a football game when I got tackled. We just taped it up and I went back in. Now I can’t squat at all on my heels, I have to be on my toes. I’ve noticed my good ankle does it too, but I can go a bit further.

The muscle on the outside of my lower leg going up to my knee is very sore, and I have been using a foam roller on it, and I want to know some stretches so that I can actually bend my ankle up. Whenever I try to bend it up, by putting my knee over my toes and lunging on the floor, in my ankle it hurts really bad and feels like two bones are grating together or something.

Are there any ankle/calf stretches that can help me? Running is more difficult as well since I can’t get my normal lean forward. Thanks.

2. mindful_flexibility

mindful_flexibility New Member

Avoid using your ankle at all for the next days while you book an appointment to get it checked!

3. easyfeel

easyfeel New Member

Muscle injuries tend to heal with gentle exercise due to their excellent blood supply and that tearing muscle fibres is how they grow anyway.

Due to their *poor* blood supply, ligaments and tendons take longer to heal. You cannot heal a tear by stretching (obviously).

Please go and see your doctor for a professional opinion.

4. jakobako

jakobako New Member

Go and see a physio, get it assessed, and learn ankle stretching/strengthening exercises now. If you have a sprain and you don't do anything about it, you'll be rolling your ankle for the rest of your life.

5. dragonvulture

dragonvulture New Member

Have it tractioned (pulled on) by a Physical Therapist or Chiropractor, it can allow the bones in the ankle to re-align, and correct movement restored.