Cannot do wall slides

Discussion in 'UK Cheerleading Training' started by Redditshukla, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Redditshukla

Redditshukla New Member

So I have a hunchback from as long as I can remember. I don't know if it is rounded back or rounded shoulders. But when I try to do the wall slides my elbows touch the wall but the back of my hands cannot. So there is a wide angle between the wall and my arm. Is it because my back is too thick and rounded? I mean my upper back is quite far away from the back of my head. Ideally they should be more or less in the same line right? I also cannot keep my hands over a rod when I keep it at the back of my neck. My hands are always at the back of the rod.

2. IIIRichardIII

IIIRichardIII New Member

> So I have a hunchback from as long as I can remember. I don't know if it is rounded back or rounded shoulders.

Lets just assume it's both and you're just out of shape, sounds like you can benefit from just stretching that whole area and possibly do a quick full body routine daily while strenthening the muscles in your back so you can pull everything back properly. At this point asking about details in stretches is probably overthinking it. Most likely you'll see improvements if you work on your overall fitness , moving and strengthening the stiff areas more than you currently do

3. LGPlatinum

LGPlatinum New Member

Your lower back should be rounded and touching the wall the whole time. What works for me currently is keeping the arms wide open at the top. I guess there are two ways to do them correctly - one being lifting your arms as high as you can, but keeping them narrow, and the other one being keeping them against the wall the whole time, but also keeping wide distance between them, as much as you need.