Developing Pancake Using Seated Good Morning

Discussion in 'UK Cheerleading Training' started by millar5, Feb 12, 2019 at 11:52 AM.

1. millar5

millar5 New Member

Has anyone here used a bent leg seated good morning to help develop their pancake? My anterior pelvic tilt is the weakest part of my pancake but I can achieve a good hip position with bent legs. Because of this I thought it might be reasonable to do a few sets of seated good mornings a few times per week, starting with knees at 90 degrees and 40kg on the bar and progressing first by adding range in the hip hinge, increasing weight if range of motion plateaus before my chest reaches the bench and after I can perform 4x8 chest to bench good mornings with good hip and back position I'll begin extending the legs. After legs are fully extended I'll begin to elevate them toward a seated pancake position.

If people here are interested I'll update this post with weekly progress reports. Starting point is a fairly curved back head to floor standing pancake and a seated pancake with <40 degrees forward fold due to poor anterior pelvic tilt.

2. EloyFalcon

EloyFalcon New Member

In my opinion you would progress better if you sit on a elevated surface and you keep your legs straight and apt. Avoid flexing your lower back during pancake!

40kg is a lot for good mornings, you have a very strong lower back and glutes! But please don't move weights that way without apt because flexed lower back + weights = high risk of injury.