Favorite shoulder/upper back stretches?

Discussion in 'UK Cheerleading Training' started by powerofvoodoowhodoo, Oct 10, 2017.

1. powerofvoodoowhodoo

powerofvoodoowhodoo New Member

All of my flexibility seems to be in my lower back. I take an advanced flexibility class once a week where we focus a lot on shoulders/upper back but I am really struggling and SO STIFF!!! We do a lot of shoulder stretching in aerial, too.

We do a lot of standing and starting a backbend against the wall where your arms are about parallel to the ground with hands flat and I actually get light headed!

I don't know all of the proper terminology but am doing a lot of moose stretches, bridges against a wall with my chest against it.

What are your favorite stretches?

2. SavageMcSavage

SavageMcSavage New Member

Poler here and I completely feel you about the brick-like upper back! Moose stretch is my all time favourite - I try to do it during the day at my day job too (meeting rooms, bathroom cubicles haha).

The other stretches that I really feel in my upper back are sinking to my forearms in a bridge and full camel where you try to reach for your legs.

I also just saw the #cbackstretch on instagram and I think that the slight bit of weight will really help with opening the upper back/shoulders.

3. magic_beans_talk_

magic_beans_talk_ New Member

Bridge/full wheel is the best upper back stretch if you do it correctly. Do it with your wrists flush against the wall to force correct form, use your legs aggressively, and use your triceps to push up.