Front Splits Brick Wall - How to descend the last few inches?

Discussion in 'UK Cheerleading Training' started by chikkinn, Feb 9, 2019.

1. chikkinn

chikkinn New Member

I've been working on my front splits daily since the start of the year and it's been going well, I've just sat into the splits and let my body weight do the work daily. I've now got to a point where my front calf is touching the floor, which is great, but it also adds extra friction I have to work against. I don't know if that's the main reason, but overall it feels like my body weight isn't enough to extend my range any further. Is there any way I can gently increase the downward force, or reduce friction if any of you suspect that is the problem? Maybe putting my ankle on a roller or something? Thank you!

2. EloyFalcon

EloyFalcon New Member

Look yourself in a mirror or record a video so you can see what is holding you. The most common scenario, it happens to me too, is that your hip flexors in the back leg are making you to go anterior pelvic tilt arching your lower back and then the hamstrings of the front leg will stretch more than required. First achieve the splits with neutral pelvic tilt and then if you wanna make it super cool work on arching your back with anterior pelvic tilt.