Glute stretching if I sit a lot?

Discussion in 'UK Cheerleading Training' started by cpt_doge, Dec 7, 2017 at 7:24 PM.

1. cpt_doge

cpt_doge New Member

Hey guys,
    basically I would like to know if it is advisable to stretch glutes if I sit a lot during the day (~8 hours) or should I first focus on strengthening them and then starting to stretch them?

2. throwmineawry

throwmineawry New Member

For things to stretch, hip flexors seem to be the first thing people recommend for sitters. Plenty of guides a quick search will get you

3. motivationascending

motivationascending New Member

If your sitting your glutes will be in a longer position and thereby stretching by themselves. They will also be weaker. Find some great stretches for your hip flexors, they are the ones that are short and tight (but could also be weak).

4. robbid33

robbid33 New Member

Hip flexors! Stretch them alllllll the time! And throw in some pigeon stretches as your external hip rotators would benefit a relief as well. And don’t forget to stretch your quads. Strengthen your glutes. Boom.

5. susanbrownell

susanbrownell New Member

I just posted a video about this a few minutes ago and now found your question. Check out this video it is a quick to the point video to stretch the hip flexors / psoas muscle. Hope it helps. There is also a two person stretch on that channel that is a little more aggressive. best to start with the first stretch then move to this one after you get more flexible.