Help with my posture?

Discussion in 'UK Cheerleading Training' started by Eirinn8, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Eirinn8

Eirinn8 New Member

Hi, I would really like some help with my posture, as my upper back is quite rounded and my shoulder flexibility doesn't seem very good, thanks here's a link to some pictures https://m.imgur.com/a/wkHh3

2. ms-underhill

ms-underhill New Member

I am not a professional in any way, just someone who had to correct my posture for health reasons.

I had to adjust my posture many years ago because I was constantly re-aggravating an injury. What helped most was having a session with a physical therapist who showed me what good posture should feel like. If you aren't going to PT, I recommend seeing a Chiropractor.

One tip that has stayed with me is to imagine a butterfly on a string coming out of the top of the head. It is always gently pulling you up. This helps remind me that I should pull up my body, but keep my chin straight ahead (the tendency is to tilt it upwards too).

Stretching and yoga, when done correctly, can also help get your posture in line.

Again, I recommend starting with seeing a professional who can show you what good posture feels like. That helped me the most.

3. HideTheBananas

HideTheBananas New Member

6. Do rows to help strengthen your posterior chain. This will also help with shoulder retraction.
    7. Do planks while maintaining good posture.

These should be done daily and lightly. These helped me tremendously after I developed nerd neck in medical school.

4. HideTheBananas

HideTheBananas New Member

I am a physician and i do not recommend seeing a chiropractor...ever.
    1. Use a foam roller as a fulcrum under your thoracic spine and do extebsions
    2. Do neck crunches
    3. Stretch the back of your neck lightly.
    4. Stretch your chest
    5. Do rows to help strengthen your posterior chain. This will also help with shoulder retraction.
    6. Do planks while maintaining good posture.

These should be done daily and lightly. These helped me tremendously after I developed nerd neck in medical school.