I can't squat, but at the same time, I can

Discussion in 'UK Cheerleading Training' started by kickrox88, Dec 8, 2017 at 2:21 AM.

1. kickrox88

kickrox88 New Member

Huh?

Yea, I know. Let me clarify.

I am not able to sit in a squat just to rest my legs. I always need to lift my heels off the ground and rest on the balls of my feet.

However, when I go to the gym, I can get into a deep squat with no problem. I figure this is due to the weight on my back counter balancing the pull of gravity that makes me topple over when I sit squat.

I've tried stretching, the 30/30 challenge, watched every Youtube video, but I still can't **sit** in a squat! I definitely am more flexible, as I can get into a deeper stretch with less of a pulling pain.

So I'm just wondering if there is anyone out there who is like me, but somehow found a solution. Can it be that my hips/muscles are just structured in a way that I am condemned to a chair when I get tired of standing?

2. Bl4nkface

Bl4nkface New Member

Probably you need more ankle dorsiflexion so your center of mass can stay above your feet. So you need to improve that through stretching.

Meanwhile, some tips:
    * Use a wide stance.
    * Push your knees out.
    * Toes pointing out.
    * Sit down, not back.
    * Use a counterweight.