Increase flexibility

Discussion in 'UK Cheerleading Training' started by Mattioman12, Dec 7, 2017 at 4:00 PM.

1. Mattioman12

Mattioman12 New Member

Hello,

I have always wanted to be more flexible and have decided to start to work at it.

I play a lot of goalie in hockey and there is obvious benefits to being flexible aside from avoiding injury.

I imagine this has been answered before but I am having difficulty finding a straight forward guide. The other part that would be nice would be stretches that can be done in an office setting. I have lots of floor space to do stretching at my desk so that would be an added bonus.

My current flexibility level is very average. I can put my hands on the floor standing up, do lunges, all that good stuff. But I would like to work on lower body/hip flexibility and hopefully after a lot of work I can aim to do some modified front split stuff.

If someone here could direct me to some easy and clear info on how to get started, I would greatly appreciate it!

2. Chimblo

Chimblo New Member

My friends have told me that some dances. Aid in flexibility as well. They say that the constant movement of your body in different ways helps.