Is this a good posterior chain stretch, or could It be hurting me?

Discussion in 'UK Cheerleading Training' started by Lance_Legstrong, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Lance_Legstrong

Lance_Legstrong New Member

[Here](https://imgur.com/a/ww5YZ) is the stretch I've been doing- I read jujimufu's book on flexibility and he discusses working stretching into your daily life, such as squatting down to get stuff from shelves etc, and I've been following that as best I can. I started stretching as above a few weeks ago while reading, and it gives an incredible stretch in my calves and hamstrings- far more than anything else I've done. The only issue however, is that I feel like sitting in this position for too long is stretching my low back too much, which I've read can be bad for you. Thoughts?

2. wild3hills

wild3hills New Member

The only thing I would be careful of is to make sure you are keeping good posture, and not rounding / slumping your weight into your lumbar spine, or collapsing in the chest. Pelvis and spine should be nice and neutral (so there should be a little space for the natural curve of your back). Keep lots of length in the spine, so core should be lightly engaged, and pulled up feeling. As if someone were lifting your ribcage up and away from your hips.