Leg/hip/back pain? It could be your toes!

Discussion in 'UK Cheerleading Training' started by Versacedave, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Versacedave

Versacedave New Member

Hi all, this isn't really a flexibility post but I think it could be helpful to a lot of people. If you have leg or back pain, or foot pain, or flat feet, you could have mortons toe.

I've always struggled with leg and hip pain since my youth and I'm in my early 20s now. One day my mom asked to see my feet, and she told me I had mortons toe. This means that my toe next to my big toe sticks out a bit farther than all the others. This issue can lead to all sorts of others, and it affects about 20% of the population.

There are some simple ways to help alleviate this problem, like using a mortons toe pad (google it) and I have bad success with super feet insoles.
    I encourage everyone to keep going in their journey to be flexible, but this might be another key in being pain free and I just wanted to pass on the info to anyone it might help.

2. jukesy

jukesy New Member

To add on to this, leg hip and back pain are common symptoms of what could also be a tight sartorius muscle. It runs from the hip across the thigh and can get crazy tight. That stiffness can impact your hip, entire leg, and down to your feet.

And unless you’ve been diagnosed by an athletic trainer or podiatrist, there’s a good chance you don’t actually have plantar fasciitis and treating an injury as PF when it’s not, can *really* mess you up. It’s more likely that you have a group of tight muscles in your calf/Achilles and the arch/ball of your foot that are pulling and over compensating on your toes and heel. Typically, one way you can tell is if you push a knuckle into the middle of the arch of your foot and you almost black out from the pain, you gotta stretch those feet :)