Linking arms and stretching

Discussion in 'UK Cheerleading Training' started by GonnaRegretItLaterr, Feb 9, 2019.

1. GonnaRegretItLaterr

GonnaRegretItLaterr New Member

First post here, I I can .. link up my arms behind me and bring them over to the front while most others around me could not. (Think this - [https://media.giphy.com/media/2x6ZL...edia.giphy.com/media/2x6ZLj05SFvHy/giphy.gif) but without the stick at all). Whenever I do this, there is a slight amount of pain, but its not really signficant. This is not r asking for medical advice but moreover a question of how common this is. Can anyone else in this subreddit do this and is there any stretch which will help me take advantage of this

2. EloyFalcon

EloyFalcon New Member

That's a shoulder dislocation - inlocate. I don't remember well but I think that inlocate is when you go backwards. Anyways, that requires a nice shoulder extension and it has a proper form of execution too: you have your arms to the front, and when you are raising your arms and they are at horizontal, you have to push your shoulders to the front (scapular protraction, like someone is pulling your arms away from you), and when you raise past horizontal you have to push your shoulders up to the ears (scapular elevation, like someone is pulling your arms to the ceiling). As you go backwards, the movement is just the opposite, start to depress the scapula and retract it. Maintain posterior pelvic tilt during the whole movement, you have to avoid arching your back.

Oh and don't do it without warm up please, do some arm circles or something before.