Lowerback/Glute/Hip pain solutions?

Discussion in 'UK Cheerleading Training' started by RiverVanBlerk, Nov 2, 2018.

1. RiverVanBlerk

RiverVanBlerk New Member

Lowerback/Glute/Hip pain solutions?

Been lifting heavy for around 4 months now often when I did deadlifts and sometimes even squats I'd get this lower back pain, so low it sometimes even hits the upper Glute. This always occurs on my left side.

My form was pretty bad starting out so it's no surprise I had some issues but now after improving my form somewhat the pain has gotten pretty consistent everytime I work out and has moved into the hip joint itself.

I'm guessing it's partially due to weak hip flexors or maybe even my piriformis?

Can you guys recommend some stretches/exercises that will target that area and hopefully improve the issue? I have been doing some lower body stretches using an app recently but it's more of a general stretch routine and I want something to target this thing.

Cheers in advance for any help guys, I want to get rid of this and get on with making em gains.

2. EloyFalcon

EloyFalcon New Member

A visit to the pt will give you a better answer and solution for your injury. Dead lift is the kind of exercise that can do big damage to your body so always go for perfect technique no matter if your progress is slower, the risk doesn't worth.

3. today2day

today2day New Member

Sports massage

4. driftwood89

driftwood89 New Member

Lower back pain is usually caused by short or weak muscles in the hips (or combination of both). If you want stretches for that you can check out athlean x and Tom merrick on YouTube.