Moronic Monday 2018-01-01 @ /r/Flexibility

Discussion in 'UK Cheerleading Training' started by AutoModerator, Nov 9, 2018 at 5:53 AM.

1. Maddoxx69

Maddoxx69 New Member

Will increasing my flexibility relieve or reduce posture problems? (kyphosis, lordosis, scaoular winging)

2. abodyweightquestion

abodyweightquestion New Member

I’d love to be able to do a pigeon pose. But it’s a LOOOOONG way off.

At the moment, I’m doing wall figure 4 stretches, [this thing]() and an elevated pigeon (leg bent in front of me on a raised surface), leg behind me, squaring my hips for the stretch.

Moronic question: will this, one day, lead to a full pigeon, and are there any other tips I should be doing?

3. Sgnir20

Sgnir20 New Member

Which are the sports which require having or training a lot of flexibility?

4. MrClahn

MrClahn New Member

I've struggled with a knee injury for about a year now, and today was told by a physio that it might be because, as they put it, my "leg muscles are so toned that they don't really relax, even when lying down"

I'm reasonably flexible, after doing daily stretches for the lower half of the body for most of the past year. Trying to rehab the knee and more recently correct my lordosis. I'm wondering if it's worth doing more flexibility work (currently 15-20 min a day) to try and help the muscles relax.