Posterior pelvic tilt when I go into my splay splits

Discussion in 'UK Cheerleading Training' started by vegemitetoastmafia, Jan 12, 2019.

1. vegemitetoastmafia

vegemitetoastmafia New Member

Hi All,

I have my spray position pretty wide and with a posterior pelvic tilt it's comfortable for me. However when I try to achieve an anterior pelvic tilt and get myself to pancake, it's very very difficult for me to get that pelvis towards the floor.

Can anyone recommend foam doing, stretching, or exercises that can help with this? A lot of resources online talk about achieving posterior when you have anterior but not the other way around!!

2. BushInventedTheDab

BushInventedTheDab New Member

I literally just watched a video on YouTube about an hour ago. “Stop Stretching Your Hamstrings” by ATHLEAN X. Feel free to give it a watch and get back to me. He’s got a ton of great videos.

3. cheesuscrstnpeperoni

So I just took a video of my posture and realized that when I add the lordosis to my spine, my forward head posture disappears!! Wow.

4. BushInventedTheDab

BushInventedTheDab New Member

I’m glad you’ve come across your issue sooner than later. It won’t fix right away but just be patience and consistence. Good luck!

5. lancakes

lancakes New Member

My #1 way I can get up onto my sits bones is to physically pull my butt cheeks/fat back, which is really silly but a yoga teacher told me to do it once to get into a pose and it works so well for me.

6. FuckThatIKeepsItReal

Do your ribs flare out all the time?

If I were you, I’d sit on the floor as much as humanly possible

7. Sigthe2nd

Sigthe2nd New Member

OP, I'm really surprised no one has mentioned piriformis. I think there's a high chance you have a really tight piriformis, can you sit with a flat back in the floor either cross legged or straight legs? If not it's almost certainly your piriformis

Look into Kit Laughlin's piriformis stretches on YouTube, he has about 4 that range from easy to hard. I'd recommend his seated one on YouTube as it's the easiest. I'll be shocked if yours isn't right as all hell.

8. Andersfrodo

Andersfrodo New Member

Use some time to strengthen your lower abdominals (reverse crunches) and see this hamstring stretch by Kit Laughlin.

9. cheesuscrstnpeperoni

If any one cares, I have a bit of an update. I worked really hard yesterday in rotating my pelvis into a more anterior situation. Today the top section of my glutes is so sore! As are my lower abdominals, obliques, and hip flexors.

I feel like I finally activated muscles which haven't been used in years (if ever)!!!

I laid for a while on a foam roller right at my hip area. Does anyone know if this is safe to do? I recall something about foam rolling the lower spine being dangerous.