Scorpion/Needle

Discussion in 'UK Cheerleading Training' started by my_deep_th0ts, Feb 11, 2019 at 6:25 PM.

1. my_deep_th0ts

my_deep_th0ts New Member

I really want to get my scorpion/ needle. I have my splits (both sides) and my back is at moderate flexibility. Any tips?

2. crushabitlilbitt

crushabitlilbitt New Member

I can do needle but before I was able to, I found it helpful to work on my backbends and my shoulders. Every time I stretch my splits I also reach back and grab my foot to essentially do the pose on the floor - which allows me to give a really good pull on my foot without having a balance issue of standing up - that might help. I also started the pose using a strap which was also helpful

3. novemberrrain

novemberrrain New Member

Practice dancer pose to get the supporting leg strength to maintain balance in needle. All those little micro-adjustments of the foot and ankle can be really fatiguing, but if you want to hold it long enough for a non-blurry photo, it's essential!

4. MakeRoomForTheTuna

MakeRoomForTheTuna New Member

5. brokendreamsandmemes

try grabbing closer to your knees rather than your ankle. this will make it easier for you to pull your leg up so your arms aren’t pulled out of their sockets lol. good luck!