What are the best exercises for groin/adductor mobility?

Discussion in 'UK Cheerleading Training' started by sk8termatt, Nov 2, 2017.

1. sk8termatt

sk8termatt New Member

I have very short and weak adductors, a lot of exercises I found involved squeezing a ball between your knees or static stretching. What is a good strengthening exercise that I can do to work my adductors through end range of motion?

2. Pied_Piper_of_MTG

Pied_Piper_of_MTG New Member

There's the good ole' "good girl, bad girl" machine at the gym, I'm not sure how you'd provide resistance to that area with just body weight - maybe something with bands?

3. ma2is

ma2is New Member

Lay on your back, butt into the wall. Legs up in the air against the wall (hamstrings) and open the legs out (they’ll form a Y) and you can stretch the adductors and gracilis muscle.

4. thefrc

thefrc New Member

Cossack squats. Skaters. Crab walks with bands around the knees. Karaokes are shockingly good unwieghted. The ab/aducctor machines can be ignored.

5. LGPlatinum

LGPlatinum New Member

I'd say horse stance. Progressing in it dynamically and isometrically aswell.

But you could just increase ROM temporarely using relaxed or CRPNF stretching, and then reinforce it using antagonist contractions. You could either use CRACPNF, or do "reverse adductor flies" with a resistance band. Those are just my 2 cents. Don't listen to too many advice. Take one that seems solid, and follow it :)

6. sabetts

sabetts New Member

Thomas Kurz, the sort of grand-daddy of flexibility training, prescribes these exercises:

* Horse stance. So pick a foot distance where you can squat down to thighs-parallel and then hold it for time. Once you can hold that for 2+ minutes you can add isometric contractions--pinching the legs together. You can see some pictures of his horse stance [here](http://www.fightingarts.com/reading/article.php?id=13).

* Wide squats with weight. Pretty much the dynamic version of the horse stance. Same idea but you hold on to a weight and go up and down.

* adductor flies. lie on your back with legs sticking straight up. open and close your legs. When you can do 100 of 'em add some weight. Kurz recommends progressing the weight but keeping the reps around 30. Note for safety you must not arch the lower back. That this required pretty strong hip flexors.

* adductor pull-downs. When flies become too heavy to do safely, use a cable machine one leg at a time (obviously).

* side lunges/cossack squats.

7. Dutch_Calhoun

Dutch_Calhoun New Member

A lack of circulation to an appendage would be a medical issue. The best exercise would therefore be a slow and careful trip to your nearest doctor's office or hospital.

8. magic_beans_talk_

magic_beans_talk_ New Member

Actual cardiovascular exercise or weightlifting.

Have you seen a weight lifters veins when they lift? Bulging with blood.

9. 6string_samurai

6string_samurai New Member

Im mostly looking for overall health and better blood flow in general.

I know its better for a guys health too and sexual health, which to be honest is the main reason I'm asking.I know when i stretch my inner thighs a feel a sense of relief in my hips and pelvic areas too.

Sometimes when I'm feeling tired at work il find a small space and do a set of quick set of squats, wall pushups, and some straight leg stretching to get my heart rate back up blood pumping again.

10. Korbyzzle

Korbyzzle New Member

I believe it’s cycling. Your legs carry a lot of blood. They also hold a majority of your muscle mass therefore utilizing your legs by cycling will cause your muscles to activate your heart to amp up and circulate blood the best.